Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Drake turns down Kanye's offer

Another video means Ye admits that joint was wack. As long as he knows..

According to MTV, Kanye West offered to shoot another video for the single “Best I Ever Had but Drake actually turned him down. “That career move was very important to me,” Drake explained. “We’ve done such a great job of building it all up. It’s kind of like people were getting this impression of me that I’m never gonna make a mistake. I’m not made of Teflon. I’m gonna do things for myself sometimes, as opposed to what people want me to do.”

Drake went on to explain that he thought the video was appropriate since it reflected his lyrics: “If you listen to the song, I’m not saying the most graceful thing in the world. It’s not the most heartfelt song. I say some pretty wild things in regards to women in the actual song. When me and Kanye were in the studio working on a song for Big Sean, we were talking about it. We saw a comedic element to it. I felt that the climate in the world right now, everything in the world is so serious all the time, my life is serious, I just wanted to laugh, instead of taking myself too serious as the heartthrob and walking hand-in-hand into the movies and taking my shirt off. I felt it’s not that time for me yet. Or maybe never. I’m a very multifaceted person. One thing I told ‘Ye is, ‘I really want to act. I want to act in this video.’ ”

No comments: